- Reasonable handling times
- A human approach and courteous service
- Accessible services
- Requests handled conscientiously, competently and without bias
- Clear explanations and transparent service
- Constant care about protecting confidential information
- Help us help you
- The quality of our services
Reasonable handling times
We pledge to:
- Take your phone call within a usual deadline of under 20 seconds.
- Acknowledge receipt of your request within a usual deadline of two business days (Business days are all days except Saturday and Sunday, and Québec statutory holidays.).
- Refer you to the appropriate resource if your request is not within our jurisdiction within a usual deadline of two business days.
- Process your request concerning a wrongdoing relating to a public body within a usual deadline of 60 days as of our acknowledgement of receipt of your request. Within the same 60 days, we inform you as to whether processing will continue.
- For requests that require an investigation, twelve months as of our acknowledgement of receipt of your request.
- We inform you regularly about the processing of your request.
A human approach and courteous service
You can count on us to:
- be respectful;
- listen attentively so we can understand your needs or request;
- provide services tailored to your needs;
- respect scheduled meetings.
- You can send your request using the means that best suits you:
- We reduce red tape.
- We give you any assistance you may need to make a request.
- We do our utmost to make our services accessible to people with disabilities.
Requests handled conscientiously, competently and without bias
You can count on:
- thorough, objective and impartial examination of your request;
- qualified staff.
Clear explanations and transparent service
You can count on:
- thorough explanations in language that is clear, simple and easy to understand;
- a written reply on request.
Constant care about protecting confidential information
- We ensure the protection of your personal information and the confidentiality of the information you provide us with.
Help us help you
We count on you to:
- clearly state your problem and expectations;
- provide us with the information and documents we request;
- inform us as soon as you can about any new developments that could affect the handling of your request or of any changes in your contact information;
- be respectful towards our staff; and
- give us your comments and suggestions and let us know if you are dissatisfied so that we can improve our services.
The quality of our services
Do you have any comments? Are you dissatisfied with the quality of our services?
Let us know verbally or in writing.
Depending on the situation, either the person in charge of service quality or a Québec Ombudsman manager will provide answers.
We pledge to:
- acknowledge receipt of your complaint within a usual deadline of two business days;
- give you a clear and detailed reply within a usual deadline of 30 business days.
NOTE : You cannot file a complaint aimed at changing the Québec Ombudsman’s conclusions concerning your file.
- Procedure to process citizen' complaints concerning the quality of the Québec Ombudsman's services (PDF, 125 KB)
- Service Statement (PDF, 64 KB)