What recourse is there for me if the reprisal is related to my job or working conditions?

Anytime you feel that you have suffered reprisal stemming from the disclosure of a wrongdoing, you can file a complaint with the Québec Ombudsman and we will refer you to the appropriate recourse.

Reprisal may be related to your employment conditions, in which case, it is the Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CNESST) that will handle your complaint. You must file the complaint within 45 days of the action taken against you. In some cases, you can also go to your union.