Do I have access to legal advice in cases of reprisal?

Yes. You may obtain financial assistance for access to legal advice if you think that you have suffered reprisal. Reprisal must stem from disclosure or cooperation in an audit or investigation related to a disclosure. Note, however, that reprisal may constitute a prohibited practice within the meaning of the Act respecting labour standards, in particular, regarding employment and work conditions. In such cases, contact the Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail.

See the Access to legal advice page for more information.