Making a reprisal complaint

Have you suffered reprisal after disclosing a wrongdoing or after cooperating in an audit or investigation stemming from a disclosure? Or are you being threatened or bullied to keep you from doing so? Rest assured that you are protected. You can file a complaint with the Québec Ombudsman.

  1. Make sure that we can handle your complaint.

    Check that the inconveniences you are experiencing are really reprisals within the meaning of the Act.

    Also check whether we are the appropriate organization for you. If the action taken is related to an employment condition, you must contact the Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CNESST), within no more than 45 days of suffering reprisal. 

  2. Make a complaint now:

Not sure?

Not sure whether the Québec Ombudsman can handle your complaint? Feel free to call us at 1-800-463-5070 (toll-free). If the reprisal you are experiencing does not fall within our jurisdiction, we will refer you to the appropriate resource.